As the Alzheimer’s disease epidemic continues to expand – some describe it as a ‘health meteor’ that’s going to strike the elderly populations from modern countries around 2025, great information is surfacing about how to avoid Alzheimer’s disease.
- Small Brain Syndrome: People who have Alzheimer’s disease (AD) have ‘shrunken’ brains – i.e. smaller brain volumes; meaning their brains atrophy.
- Large Brain People: There are people, despite having the characteristic pathologic brain lesions commonly associated with AD, show no cognitive decline.
Brain Health Made Simple:
- Fish Oil and Larger Brains: Blood levels of omega-3 fatty acids (that’s fish oil) lead to larger brain volumes.
- Exercise Helps Your Brain: What fires, wires. Regular exercise helps brain neurons to continually develop and stay healthy and is associated with preventing brain tissue loss and decreased incidence of Alzheimer’s.
- Increased Flow: Keeping your Head in its proper position over the shoulders increases the flow of cerebral fluid (what the carries the messages to and from the brain down along the spinal cord).
Interested in being as sharp as a tack for years to come? Absolutely!
How We Can Help!
Our expert team are ready to help you be proactive in your steps to avoid Brain Shrinkage and the possible outcome of Alzheimer’s disease. Call today – never to early to start!
For Your Health,
Dr. Scott Van Dam